News Update :
Home » » Does This Gun Control PSA Go Too Far?

Does This Gun Control PSA Go Too Far?

Penulis : Unknown on vrijdag 30 augustus 2013 | 03:23

AppId is over the quota
AppId is over the quota
by Lindsay Ferrier 3 hours ago in News & Views

Moms Demand ActionThe group Moms Demand Action just released a new PSA calling for stricter gun control laws. It's provocative and some question whether it goes too far.

The ad shows a mother helping her son get ready for school. First, he puts on a t-shirt with a bull's-eye on it, followed by a hoodie with another bull's-eye in the center. Before sending her son off to school, the boy's mother puts a kevlar vest over him with another bull's-eye on the front.

The message Moms Demand Action is trying to convey is at the end of the PSA. "Is This the New School Uniform? Send Congress a message. Pass gun control today or lose my vote tomorrow."

The PSA will definitely get people's attention -- but is it too much? Watch it yourself and tell us what you think.

I have to admit, this video gave me a lump in my throat and brought tears to my eyes. It was an uncomfortable reminder of all the feelings I experienced as a mother to elementary school-aged children in the wake of the Sandy Hook shootings.

I feel a little bit like that mom myself, sending my kids off to school each day. School no longer feels like an entirely safe place for them to be, and I hate that I can't be there to protect them.

I don't know whether stricter gun control laws will keep incidents like the Columbine and Sandy Hook shootings from happening again, but this ad definitely airs the viewpoint of Moms Demand Action loud and clear.

And if you're wondering about this group, we reported on them for Moms Matter not long ago. Here's our video:

The PSA brings up a lot of questions. Are stricter gun control laws the answer? Would they prevent school shootings, or will people always find ways to kill, regardless of the laws that are in place? And does this PSA go too far for your comfort?

What do you think?


Screen grab via Moms Demand Action

Click "Like" for more on issues that are important to moms.
?
Share this article :

Een reactie posten

 
| Powered by Bulikpost |